Myself is vegan. My dear other half is not. He enjoys all my vegan creations, and it happens very rarely that he doesn’t want to eat meat, but most of the time I have to think of both of us when preparing a meal.
This fish-dish will enter the Christmas menu too. It looks nice, and although I didn’t try it, I can hear the ‘Mmmmm’ after every bite while he is eating 🙂 And he says it’s divine and I believe him! 🙂
-2 rainbow trout fillets
-125 g brown rice
-1/4 cup fresh orange juice
-juice of 1 whole lime
-1 lime thinly sliced
-4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
-2 tbsp olive oil
-2 garlic cloves
-1 tsp xylitol
-1 can mixed beans
-140 g pineapple (I used tinned pineapple-unsweetened, but fresh is better)
-226 g tomato salsa
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Cook the rice in salted water.
3. Mix together the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic cloves, xylitol, a dash of salt and 2 tbsp parsley.
4. Place the fillets in the mixture, make sure they are coated everywhere, cover them and place them in the fridge. The longer they stay, the better the taste will be.
5. Mix the cooked rice with the tomato salsa, beans, diced pineapple pieces, 2 tbsp parsley.
6. Place the mixture in any type of baking dish lined with kitchen foil.
7. Take the fillets out of the marinade and place them on the top of the rice mixture.
8. Pour the marinade on the top and then cover the fillets with the thinly sliced lime.
9. Place it in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
10. Decorate with fresh parsley when serving.